Title: How to get Desktop Restore to run at Windows Start
Post by Jamie OConnell on Sep 27th, 2022, 4:33pm
How to get Desktop Restore to run at Windows Startup and/or add a shortcut hotkey for restore.
This is accomplished by using the command line version of Desktop Restore. The utility is installed to:
C:\Program Files\Desktop Restore\DesktopCmd.exe. It uses the same information/database as the context menu version.
To get it to run at startup we will create a new shortcut in the startup folder and then assign a shortcut key.
1) Open a new explorer window and enter into the address bar: shell:startup
2) In the startup folder, right click on empty space and choose New > Shortcut
3) In the shortcut dialog navigate to and select: "C:\Program Files\Desktop Restore\DesktopCmd.exe"
4) Add to the end of the command (after the closing quote): restore /y. This will cause the command to run restore using the default saved layout and answer YES as to whether to run. Click [Finish] and name the shortcut: DesktopRestore or whatever you like.
5) If desired, right-click on the shortcut and choose Properties. Click in the Shortcut Key field and enter [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Alt]+R (or whatever you want).
The command will run at windows start or whenever you press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Alt and tap R. It may take a few seconds to launch.
Be sure to Save your desktop after changing or adding new icons.
MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.