User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Midi Yoke on VISTA to XP »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Installer Issues
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Midi Yoke on VISTA to XP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Midi Yoke on VISTA to XP  (Read 4950 times)
cmbourget

MIDI-OX Rules!

Midi Yoke on VISTA to XP
« on: Jan 8th, 2009, 4:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello,

I install Midi Yoke (NT 1.75)) on two computers: a VISTA 32, another XP 32 . I read all about the forum and in the manual, and I applied, but I am unable to make the system work Embarassed. So far, only ipMidi worked Undecided. My goal is to send lunch for Vista 32 (Sp1) to 32 XP (SP3). I am sure Midi Yoke can be done, but something has to block (this is not the firewall) Cry. Thank you for help.
IP Logged
JerryJorgenrud

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: Midi Yoke on VISTA to XP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 6:34am »

MIDI Yoke is not a network driver. It can't do what you're trying to make it do.
IP Logged
cmbourget

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 11:14am »

Thank you for your reply. I understand and I do not understand. For example, it is iPmidi a Network driver? Question: If you want to get lunch between two computers? A computer with a sequencer, and the other serving finally synthesizer, as if it were an instrument. A real cable midi can. Why not a virtual cable? Forgive me if I am completely wrong. I am looking for a freeware solution. If a good soul can tell me where to find ...
IP Logged
JerryJorgenrud

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 12:17pm »

Yes, ipMIDI is a network driver. And yes, a real MIDI cable easily solves the problem. So we need MIDI over the network because ...? Connecting hardware together is why MIDI was invented. MIDI Yoke does what a physical MIDI cable can't do - connect two software applications together inside one machine. I don't know of any freeware MIDI over Network solutions.
IP Logged
cmbourget

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 12:25pm »

I understand now. Thank you very much for your clarification.
IP Logged
wysocki

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21st, 2009, 6:42pm »

on Jan 9th, 2009, 12:17pm, Jerry Jorgenrud wrote:
MIDI Yoke does what a physical MIDI cable can't do - connect two software applications together inside one machine. I don't know of any freeware MIDI over Network solutions.

I found a great small app that converts midi to ethernet and allows you to do midi between two or more computers on a lan. It's called EthernetMidi from http://www.linuxsampler.org/ethernetmidi/
I use Midi Yoke with it and it's great.
On one computer I have Cakewalk Sonar outputting to Midi Yoke 1 and EthernetMidi inputing from Yoke 1. It points to the IP or Name of my other computer, which is also running Midi Yoke and EthernetMidi. That computer inputs from Yoke 1 and outputs to my soft synth. Magic!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.