User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - "Installer was interrupted" on Win7 »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 10:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Installer Issues
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   "Installer was interrupted" on Win7
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "Installer was interrupted" on Win7  (Read 31362 times)
jbowdre

MIDI-OX Rules!

"Installer was interrupted" on Win7
« on: May 10th, 2009, 2:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey all,
I've been using Midi-Yoke for a while now on Win7, with no issues.  As a part of troubleshooting a problem relating to one of my USB MIDI controllers, I thought I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling.  The uninstall went smoothly...  but I can't get it to reinstall successfully.

Using the msi installer, I get the message "The installer was interrupted before MIDI Yoke could be installed."  This is on a system with UAC turned off, and (just for S&Gs) I launch the installer with explicit admin rights.  I've also tried running the installer in several different compatibility modes.  I've tried using the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility, with no luck there either.  I even attempted killing all non-Windows processes and services to see if there was a running process conflicting with the install.  I generated a log file for the msi install, and can attach that if it will do any good.

I've also tried the manual install, but specifying the appropriate directory using hdwwiz.exe gives me the message that "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device."

If anyone has any ideas on what else I can try to get this working, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
IP Logged
jbowdre

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: "Installer was interrupted" on Win7
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2009, 11:07pm »

Tinkering a bit with the msi package...  it was throwing an error when trying to display a fatal error message (ironic?).  I think I convinced the installer to roll with it anyway, and now it is throwing an error code of 2356.  Looking that up on a table of Windows Installer Packager error codes, that translates to Couldn't locate cabinet in stream: [2].

Am I getting close?  :-D
IP Logged
taylamade

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19th, 2010, 7:16pm »

So its a no go for installing midi yoke on Windows 7 right?I have it installed on my XP-PC,works real good for my Reasons4/Record.but not on a laptop with Windows 7?Anybody knows when a update is availible?
IP Logged
fhftngcezy5

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:13am »

My cookbook for installing MIDI Yoke to Windows 7 32-bit:

1. Download the .msi package.
2. Turn User Account Control off.
3. Restart the computer!
4. Install MIDI Yoke happily.

My virtual MIDI cables are transmitting with no hickups at all. Don't forget to do your thing to UAC after installation is complete.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:20am by fhftngcezy5 » IP Logged
s1038449

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 2nd, 2011, 8:09am »

hey guys just turn off the user account control on your windows 7 and download and install midi yoke its works believe you me
IP Logged
Scarakus

Live for Today!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 26th, 2016, 6:48pm »

Ok, so I've upgraded from XP, trying to get everything installed, got to midi yoke, (the most essential MIDI utility!), and i get the message "The installer was interrupted before MIDI Yoke could be installed.".
So I've come in search for a solution, and I get; "turn off the user account control", Really?!
I've just upgraded from 14 years of Windoze XP, to a foreign OS that i cant hardly even find the Control Panel, and the best you say is; "hey guys just turn off the user account control on your windows 7", lol!
Ah, Could you be a little more specific, Please?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.