User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - MidiYoke doesn't appear »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Mapping Questions
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   MidiYoke doesn't appear
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MidiYoke doesn't appear  (Read 4145 times)
drugo_37

MIDI-OX Rules!

MidiYoke doesn't appear
« on: Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am triyng to play a midi file from Finale to an arpeggiator builded on Max 6.1 and then to Yamaha TX81Z; bur while I can Finale -> MidiYoke->Max 6.1 isn't possible because doesn't appear there MidiYoke ports; I have tried this alternative patch: Finale-> ESI out->cable->ESI in2 Max -> MidiOx -> RME out->TX81Z that is functioning! I think that Max 6.1 doesn't show  MidiYoke ports because it's a 64bit application. If so, the problem will become unsolvable with the next release of finale, that also will become 64bit. Indeed, also in ProTools11, that is a 64 bit application  doesn't appear MidiYoke ports, while in ProTools 10, that is still 32bit,  MidiYoke ports appear normally. Is this hypothesis true ? And in this case what could I do ?
Thanks
drugo
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2014, 5:48am by drugo_37 » IP Logged
drugo_37

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: MidiYoke doesn't appear
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2014, 2:01pm »

Excuse me for this "self-reply" but it looks like to me to have found a turnig round trick for this problem: merely runnig both MidiOx and LoopMidi; I use LoopMidi virtual ports in those 64 bit programs (like Max 6.1, ProTools) that don't see MidiJoke, in addition theese ports are perfectly recognized by MidiOx and in this way I can make any sort of MIDI connection. Till now it seems to be functioning! Thanks drugo
IP Logged
smellslikerubber

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: MidiYoke doesn't appear
« Reply #2 on: Mar 1st, 2016, 8:16am »

Yes, I think you've put drugo back on track there! Indeed Tobias Erichsen's loopMIDI would have been my guidance for someone lost in the fearful 64 bit quagmire. You do have to deal with the loopMIDI cable's strange (by design) 'semi-transience' of course, so they have to be re-created per computer session. I say 'semi' because I found that they *sort of* hung around by name (but not by function)... So I had to delete then re-create them (ug¿)... But then I learnt that Yoke would be fine in Windows 8.1 if you kept things 32 bit (trixy installation details in another post).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.