User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Confused »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Confused
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Confused  (Read 1649 times)
Chico

MIDI-OX Rules!

Confused
« on: Feb 7th, 2003, 5:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello All I am new to this Forum.
I have recently set up a small home studio. It consists of a PIII 600e, with 512megs of RAM, Intell Chipset, Running windows 2000pro . Hoontech DSP 24 MKII audio Card.with C-Port 8 ins 8 Outs Interface Module.
capable of 96Khz@24bit. I have a Mackie 1604VLZ Pro Mixer,
Optimus PA w/15"speakers,Karma Music WorkStation.Envoice by MindPrint,+a 5 channel Stereo surround sound system for playback.

Don't Laugh, I know absolutely nothing about this business ..LOL! there I am laughing myself..  I have recently purchased a software called Triton Controller. that will allow me to create Combi's on the Karma Workstation from the PC.
Which will eliminate the use of the SMALL LCD Screen on the Karma itself.  

I have no Clue how to use this MIDI OX software.but The Triton Controller Help files recomend MIDI OX as a MIDI controller.. The Help files with the Triton Controller software tells all about what the program can do, but no real examples of what steps to take to get it to do it..Does anyone know what I mean?  

I guess my Question is , Is there anyone who can give me the gist of how to set this software up with my system and a little starter help to get me going?

Thanks in Advance
Chico  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: Confused
« Reply #1 on: Feb 7th, 2003, 3:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 7th, 2003, 5:28am, Chico wrote:
Hello All I am new to this Forum.

Hi there!

...I have recently purchased a software called Triton Controller. that will allow me to create Combi's on the Karma Workstation from the PC....

Okay, this software will need to talk to the Karma using the MIDI connector on your PC, through a MIDI cable, to the MIDI connector on the Karma.  Have you linked this up?  You should get this working before worrying about MIDI-OX.

I have no Clue how to use this MIDI OX software but The Triton Controller Help files recomend MIDI OX as a MIDI controller.. The Help files with the Triton Controller software tells all about what the program can do, but no real examples of what steps to take to get it to do it..Does anyone know what I mean?  

I take it you mean the Triton helpfiles describe what Triton can do?  You need to read the MIDI-OX helpfiles to see what MIDI-OX can do.

Check out the front page and associated documentation.

Briefly, in your situation, you could interpose MIDI-OX between Triton and the MIDI port on your PC.  MIDI-OX would then have access to all the MIDI messages passing in and out of your computer.  You can configure MIDI-OX to do various things to the messages.

Triton should be doing a lot of the things MIDI-OX is doing and putting a nice interface on top, specifically for use with the Karma.  There may well be things that MIDI-OX does that Triton doesn't bother with that you might want to do.

I guess my Question is , Is there anyone who can give me the gist of how to set this software up with my system and a little starter help to get me going?

Thanks in Advance
Chico  Roll Eyes

Hope I've helped a little - I hardly scratch the surface of MIDI-OX in my use, so I'd expect when you've got some more specific questions, someone else will answer.  (I just use it to route between various MIDI applications and MIDI ports, essentially like a switch-box.)

-- Peter
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.