User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Running status indication »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Running status indication
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Running status indication  (Read 3763 times)
mva2se

MIDI-OX Rules!

Running status indication
« on: Mar 17th, 2008, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi

I do not understand the running status option. I have a keyboard that obviously sends running status, but this is not indicated in Midi-Ox, as far as I can see.  
When I select the View-Running Status option, there is a cryptic line printed at the bottom of the monitor window which I do not understand.

Anyone has a clue?
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Running status indication
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2008, 5:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The answer to this is pretty easy... It is incumbent on Windows MIDI Input drivers to fill in any running status, so no MIDI applications will ever see running status at their Input.  MIDI applications are free to send MIDI running status streams to their Output, however; and this is one of those things that has made creating MIDI Yoke a bit of a challenge.  MIDI Yoke will detect running status at its output ports and convert that to non-running status at its inputs.

MIDI-OX has an option to convert and *send* running status for the testing of *Output* drivers, but it will never see running status at its input because of the Windows MIDI rules.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2008, 5:38pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.