User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  Ā« MIDI-OX User Forum - USB-MIDI (Korg M1) Ā»
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 18th, 2018, 6:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   USB-MIDI (Korg M1)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: USB-MIDI (Korg M1)  (Read 29434 times)
Dyode

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: USB-MIDI (Korg M1)
« Reply #20 on: Dec 7th, 2016, 5:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

THIS WORKS!, Thanks tcwild, the transfer took 13 minutes but after spending two days of try this and that buffer setting, questioning is this really the original file for the M1 the very small buffer and long buffer delay works, BTW my hardware ; KORG M1REX (rack module,no keyboard with extended memory "EX") TASCAM US-144mkII midi interface MIDIOX on a Windows 7 computer.  

on Jan 29th, 2013, 11:45pm, tcwild wrote:
I'm going to chime in here, as I have an M1 (since new in '94) and have been through the battery replacement exercise as well. The PC I had been using, running XP and with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 card in it, recently died. Long story short, I'm now on a more powerful PC running Vista, and the M-Audio card didn't work so...

I bought an EMU USB-Midi adapter, and was trying to restore the original M1 samples for some personal studio work I'm doing. Digging around on the net I discovered a LOT of people having troubles, and a LOT of recommendations about how to configure SysEX buffers and timing to get things to work - None of which got me anywhere on my setup. The data on the M1 would always end up corrupt and disfunctional.  

Here's what I did, what I discovered, and how I succeeded:

- I used the SysEX window to do most all of the transfers and comparisons, as it gave me all the info I needed.

- In trying various buffer sizes and timing, I discovered that the data (sent back with the DUMP command) looked okay up to a certain point, EVERY TIME. That certain point varied depending on the timing I used; but it was clear to me that the interface was okay for the first ~100 bytes on every transfer, then there would be a block that was bad, then another 100 bytes or so of correct data, another corrupt block, etc.

- SO... I set the buffer sizes to 64 bytes (just to be safe), set the buffer delay to 1000mS, and gave it a go.  

It took about 15 minutes; but the transfer was successful.  Grin

I still ordered a better USB/Midi interface (the M-Audio box); but it can work.  

BTW: I did notice that no matter what I did, the DUMP file was only 16350 bytes. The whole send file was more than double that (with both the program and combi patches). Is this a setup issue in MidiOX?

IP Logged
johnnio

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #21 on: Apr 6th, 2018, 4:29pm »

I'm having the same problem as a lot you here, only difference is my M1 for some strange reason is out of tune on 1 note!!! (It's the b after middle C, every other note is ok) Anyway it was recommended to me to reboot the M1. As there are no proper sounds on it now (apart from a really tinny electric piano sound) I need to reload the sounds. I tried the youtube video and like alot of you it didn't work! I am really really bad at technological stuff so I need someone to try and go through this really slowly. People here are talking about set buffers and Parms!! I cannot for the life of me see were these settings are! I am using Bome Sendsx 1.40, when I open it a box appears (don't seem to be able to send a screenshot) with File Midi Out Midi In Options and Help across the top and 2 boxes underneath, one says:

Midi out (left-hand side)

// type here MIDI messages in hex
// notation, or use the File menu
// to open a .syx or .txt file.

Midi In (righthand side) is blank

The File menu says:

Open
Save Midi Out as...
Save Midi In as...
Exit   and...
M1 preld.syx
M1_preld.zip

The only thing that comes up when I hit Options is a list of setting which I don't understand and nothing that corresponds with anything anyone has said (parms, buffering etc...)

I'm completely, totally lost here...
IP Logged
Dyode

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #22 on: Apr 6th, 2018, 4:43pm »

Use MidiOX to transfer data, it's a free down load. Connect all hardware ,go to pull down menu in MidiOx "OPTIONS" select "CONFIGURE BUFFER" . I can't remember the buffer settings but it was either the largest or smallest value, I did this quite some time ago and it took 13 minutes to upload to my M1, good luck!  Also ,see TCWILD'S post earlier in this thread for the buffer settings and use them.  
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2018, 4:55pm by Dyode » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.