User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - will MIDI-OX work for me?? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 1:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   will MIDI-OX work for me??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: will MIDI-OX work for me??  (Read 1338 times)
lostpinky

MIDI-OX Rules!

will MIDI-OX work for me??
« on: Aug 12th, 2011, 6:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am the FOH guy for a band that uses backing tracks.  I have two Yamaha O1V mixers linked and I use a Roland 1680 for the backing tracks.  I would like to link all three via laptop to make the scene changes and song changes with a single command.  Will MIDI-OX work??

Thanks
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

Re: will MIDI-OX work for me??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12th, 2011, 7:08pm »

That depends on what you need to do to control the mixers and Roland.  Do you have the details to hand?
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
lostpinky

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2011, 8:54pm »

that is what I don't understand.  All three machines have midi in/out/thru.  The mixers (OV1) has "scenes" that I use for each song ( each song has it's own scene).  The two mixers use midi to talk to each other and that is how one changes the scenes on the other.  I want to get the Roland into the conversation.  The Roland is set up like one long song with "markers" at the song beginnings.  During a live show, I change the mixer 'scenes" and then bring up the marker for that song.  I would like to do it all in one step, plus if I had the info for the three machines on one screen it would make it that much easier.  What info do you need from me?
IP Logged
Peter L Jones
Expert

Hit it

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13th, 2011, 6:56am »

The MIDI messages that control each device would be a good starting point.  MIDI OX can do certain messages and not others.  Without knowing what messages are in use, it's not possible to say if MIDI OX can do the work.
IP Logged

"...Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play with people for others, to listen to, that's something else. That's a whole other world." -- Tony Williams
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.