User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  Ā« MIDI-OX User Forum - Midi-ox in windows 7 issue Ā»
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Midi-ox in windows 7 issue
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Midi-ox in windows 7 issue  (Read 818 times)
Kapitein_Rob

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

Midi-ox in windows 7 issue
« on: Mar 9th, 2023, 5:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For many years I use Midi-ox with a M-audio 2x2 usb interface (usb to DIN) in windows 98. It controls an digital piano and a Roland usb keyboard with a Roland sound module and a Waldorf module. This system works. Now I would like to use Windows 7 (64 bit). I installed midi-ox  (V 7.02.372) on that machine, and drivers for the M-audio interface. This system does the following. When I use the piano as input (usb-in-A) and the Roland module as output (usb-out-A) the input monitor screen responds with "Active Sensing" all the time. In-between it shows only a "Note off"  message with the correct parameters. There is no sound from the module.  If needed I can send you a screen dump. Can you explain what is happening here? Can this be solved?
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2023, 5:53am by Kapitein_Rob » IP Logged
Kapitein_Rob

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

Re: Midi-ox in windows 7 issue
« Reply #1 on: Mar 9th, 2023, 8:04am »

After some additional trying I noticed also the following. When I use the keys (z,s,x...)) of Midi-ox to provide some midi input, then the sound modules do generate the correct sounds. Apparently, the input of the two Midi keyboards are not transferred to the two output ports of the M-audio interface, whereas an internal midi-ox signal does provide the correct output.  
How can I filter/remove the Timing Clock (FCool message and Active Sensing message (FE) from the input and output monitor?
IP Logged
Breath
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: Mar 9th, 2023, 6:10pm »

Hi
it sounds like there is some weird filtering going on.

Go to the menu Options / MIDI Filter...
These are the setting I use....

Clear all the check boxes in this "Filter" dialog.

Check (tick) the three lower ones "Filter out ...", "Apply Filter..." and "Display Sysex..."

On the line just up from there, "System Realtime" click the button with "..." and a new dialog will pop up
Select ...
the top line "F8-Timing..."
the line "FE-Active Sensing"
Click OK

You might like to click the line "System Common" which is mainly Midi synchronization messages (if you can have a look at what messages by clicking the button "..." in that line).  

When you click OK on the Filter dialog no more Active Sensing messages should appear in the MidiOx monitor windows.

All of that might fix all your problems, but post again if it doesn't.

All the best
Royce

IP Logged
Kapitein_Rob

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 11th, 2023, 5:29am »

Dear Breath,  
Thank you very much for this suggestions. You solved the case.  
In the midi-filter (in Options) the Note On message was ticked. I do not understand why, as it was a fresh install of Midi-Ox. And, using your suggestion on the dialog of System realtime, the messages F8 and FE were removed in both monitor screens. The midi output to both sound modules is now restored. So my W7 system is now working as it was in W98.
IP Logged
Breath
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: Mar 11th, 2023, 5:36am »

Glad it is all sorted

All the best
Royce
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.