User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - How to Monitor Clock from External Gear »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 11:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Questions and Discussion
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   How to Monitor Clock from External Gear
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to Monitor Clock from External Gear  (Read 124 times)
Weston

MIDI-OX Rules!

How to Monitor Clock from External Gear
« on: Mar 6th, 2024, 9:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, I've used MIDIOX to monitor notes and sysex from external gear, but don't know how to confirm whether or not my external gear is successfully sending clock into my computer.  

How is this done?
IP Logged
Breath
Administrator

Re: How to Monitor Clock from External Gear
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2024, 8:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The stream of clock messages can be very annoying and get sin the way when trying to look at other Midi messages, so it is turned OFF by default.

I'll assume you have set up your Midi connections and ports in MidiOx (if not goto menu Options / MidiDevices...)

In menu Options you will see MIDI Filter... and it probably has a tick to indicate that some Midi messages are being filtered.
Click on it and in the dialog that appears.

You can just turn off all filtering by deselecting everything, but I wouldn't.
You will see "System Realtime" at the bottom of the box on the left. Click on the '...' button next to it.

Make sure the 'F8-Timing Clock' is not selected (I would leave the 'FE Active Sensing' selected as it really gets in the way)

Pres OK ( I have the bottom 3 options ticked. You might like some or all of them selected as well).
Then OK to get back to the Monitor windows and if the external gear is connected and outputting Midi Clock it should be being displayed on the Input Monitor.

MidiOx will let you check some things with the Midi Clock. Select the menu View / Midi Sync.
It reads from whatever Midi sync stream is coming in and will show you the Beats Per Minute (top right) and if there is Midi timecode that shows up too.
While we are here, MidiOx can act as a sync Master instead of your external gear. Make your External stuff the slaves.

All the best
Royce
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.