User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - New Version Available »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   General
   Desktop Icon Save and Restore
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   New Version Available
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Version Available  (Read 20197 times)
mhclark

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: New Version Available
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 5:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'd love to know where the download location is and if this includes DTCMD also?

I'm using the DTCMD 64 version 1.63 on Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64.
It's been working well for the most part. The Internet Explorer icon doesn't want to move when logging in as a new user and running restore. Hopefully this might fix it.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 3:49am »

The registry info is saved per-user, so you'd have to use files if you wanted to save for multiple users.  And of course, the layouts would have to be identical between users.

I haven't had a chance to update the DTCMD yet.  There is an issue finding the current desktop icon size (Win 7, Win 8.x).  But that's not really important unless you typically use different icon sizes.

To get to the download, click on the MIDI-OX logo in the top left corner and then choose Desktop Restore page.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014, 3:51am by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

edinapimp

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #22 on: Aug 8th, 2014, 10:30am »

Super psyched to hear there's a new version avail that fixes win7 issues.  Long time user of this tool and have always loved it.

Any chance a command line build of the new version will be pushed to the site in addition to the exe installer?  Looks like the command line download on the site is still labeled as the old version.  On certain machines the command line option is the only way I can use it so would love to have these win7 fixes in command line builds, too!

Thanks so much!!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2014, 8:41am by edinapimp » IP Logged
Left_Hook

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #23 on: Sep 28th, 2014, 8:33am »

Jamie, you didn’t happen to be found in a manger wrapped in swaddling clothes by some chance did you? Perhaps near Bethlehem? Maybe a few wise men standing around? Wondering this morning only due to beating my empty skull around now for what seems like a lifetime looking for just this. You’re a Saint! Someone needs to call the Vatican and get a medal crafted ASAP in your name! I bow before thee my good man, truly I do. Excellent job!  Left Hook
IP Logged

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you do not, you'll find an excuse!
Paul Flaming

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #24 on: Dec 1st, 2014, 12:59am »

Thanks!!!! I found this thread very helpful.... Smiley
IP Logged
Mike S

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #25 on: Apr 22nd, 2016, 11:37am »

another THANKS!  Grin
IP Logged
artk

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #26 on: Aug 23rd, 2016, 8:05pm »

Belated thanks for all the previous versions but I do SO HOPE there will soon be one for Windows 10.  I took a chance and installed the latest 64 bit version but it messed with the system and I had to nuke it.

Namaste anyway.
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Nov 1st, 2016, 11:26pm »

It works fine for me under Win 10 x64.  I just used the current installer.  You DO have to restart afterward, as the app must be loaded into Windows Explorer to operate (it's a shell extension).
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

msturgis

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #28 on: May 3rd, 2017, 3:35pm »

Downloaded and installed new version twice. Using Windows 10 and when I right click on my desktop I get the standard menu with no Desktop Save or Restore choices.  I really want this to work because icons moving is making me crazy.  Please help! Embarassed
IP Logged
iwrk4dedpr

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #29 on: Jan 17th, 2018, 12:30am »

Great job.....

Have used this prg since WinXP, 7, 8, and now 10.  On issue I seem to have run across is have a "THEME" active seems to mess up everything like as in not let it run.  Not sure but ... I don't run themes on my pc's now because I believe it to interfere with your program execution.

Just an FYI for when you're back in the code.

Also the "GODMODE" shortcut seems to cause your program fits.
IP Logged
JamesR

MIDI-OX Rules!

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jun 23rd, 2019, 9:06am »

Hi,

I've heard good things about desktop restore, but when I tried to load it on my new WIN10 computer, it only partially loaded. It loaded a read file (with no content) and a uninstaller, but nothing else. I uninstalled and tried agaid twice, with no luck.

Thanks,
James
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 7th, 2020, 1:18am »

Happy New Year! New version added today: 1.7.2 and the installer now includes the command line program DesktopCmd.exe. Both programs are back in sync.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2020, 2:20pm by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

bmn

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 30th, 2020, 12:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, first, happy new year too, and thank you very much for this update, including the command line version, much appreciated.

Everything seems to be working relatively well so far, with a few prior existing bugs/issues appearing to be fixed for me.

One issue to report though is that "unmatched icons" are restored to the top left of the leftmost monitor. I understand this might be the intended behavior if I understand your release notes correctly. All unmatched icons are moved to an available spot on the top left of the screen.
This is an issue for me however, because I have 2 monitors, and my monitor #2 is on the left of #1, and #2 is turned off most of the time (it's a TV I use mainly for movies). So, when restoring, all unmatched icons are then moved to the top left of monitor #2, which is turned off most of the time so I don't see the icons anymore).

Prior behavior of Desktop Restore was to do nothing with unmatched icons, which wasn't great. The new behavior isn't perfect either however, for example in the scenario I describe above.

Shouldn't Desktop restore put those unmatched icons on the top left of Monitor #1 instead (or the first free space starting from top left that is not already occupied by another icon)?
Or have a setting that the user can choose unmatched icons go on which monitor?
Or actively detect monitors that are currently turned on and put icons there and not on a monitor that's turned off?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.