User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Newbie XP installation woes..missing oemsetup.inf »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Installer Issues
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Newbie XP installation woes..missing oemsetup.inf
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie XP installation woes..missing oemsetup.inf  (Read 3880 times)
Robman

MIDI-OX Rules!

Newbie XP installation woes..missing oemsetup.inf
« on: Jul 27th, 2002, 3:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm using windows XP home and I downloaded version 6.4.2.  I then proceeded to install the midi yoke as per the visual XP directions on the website.  Pictures tell a thousand words.. so I get to the point where I have to find "oemsetup.inf" and install it but it doesn't seem to be on the hard drive.  Hmmm.
As far as I can tell, the program extracted all the files to the program files/midiox folder.  I went to the help folder in midiox, looked at the list of files that were "supposed" to opened when the file self extracted and it said I was supposed to have it.  I did a complete search of my hard drive including the *.inf and oemsetup* and still no luck.  I checked all the view hidden file settings and still no luck..
I uninstalled version 6.4.2, downloaded and installed the beta 7 version and..yep you guessed it...no oemsetup.inf.
So um...is there really an oemsetup.inf file, am I living in an alternate reality and this is all just a bad dream or am I really supposed to use something else?   Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2002, 8:56pm by Robman » IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Newbie XP installation woes..missing oemsetup.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2002, 12:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

MIDI Yoke is not longer distributed within the MIDI-OX installer.  Get MIDI Yoke NT (that's the right one for XP) here:
http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm.  Download MYOKENT.EXE.  It extracts its contents to a folder named C:\MYINST by default.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2002, 12:56am by Jamie OConnell » IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.