User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - A fix for "XP won't boot" after installi »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Installer Issues
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   A fix for "XP won't boot" after installi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A fix for "XP won't boot" after installi  (Read 2162 times)
cptlockheed

MIDI-OX Rules!

A fix for "XP won't boot" after installi
« on: Jun 19th, 2006, 2:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is for those of you whose XP SP2 won't boot with MidiYoke installed:  

after installing MidiYoke, do not reboot. Instead go to registry editor, navigate to  
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32], find the key with value "myokent.dll" and change the value to something else, "myokent.dlx" for example. Now boot the machine, go to Registry Editor again, and fix the key back to myokent.dll. Midiyoke is immediately working (at least in my case). There's a catch though: before shutting down the machine, you have to fix the registry key again by changing the key to "myokent.dlx". The machine won't start if it finds the midiyoke driver while booting.

I created two .reg files, "midiyoke on.reg" and "midiyoke off.reg" on my desktop, so it takes only a double click to activate the fix.

I didn't have time to check if the fix works other way round, leaving the registry key as it is, and changing the name of the dll file in c:\windows\system32.  

Note: there's always a certain risk with registry fixes, so if you feel uncomfortable about this, then think twice before trying!
--  
/sami
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.