User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Changing Bank 40 41 42 to Cntl 10 to 0 1 2 repecti »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Mapping Questions
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Changing Bank 40 41 42 to Cntl 10 to 0 1 2 repecti
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Changing Bank 40 41 42 to Cntl 10 to 0 1 2 repecti  (Read 170 times)
pagliacci

MIDI-OX Rules!

Changing Bank 40 41 42 to Cntl 10 to 0 1 2 repecti
« on: Feb 29th, 2024, 2:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The help I received about exporting .TXM files was right on the money, and deeply appreciated.

My further need is to map bank command change 40 to cntl 10 data 0, bank command change 41 to cntl 10 data 1, and bank command change 42 to cntl 10 data 2

I've been at this a while and have my mapping file almost complete. The map will eventually change keyboard midi numbers to certain 31band peq freqs, change pitchbend wheel to decrease eq freq db, from 0 down to -36db or raise up to +15db, and use modwheel amount to control eq freq Q setting.

I know it's ambitious. I need specific bank changes 40 41 & 42 to convert to cntl 10 data 0 1 & 2 respectively. It's the last piece of the puzzle and I could use some expert advise. It will eventually remote control a Behringer FBQ2496 from any midi keyboard... you hear the feedback pitch, match it to a keyboard key from Eb0 up to G9 or even higher, roll gain down, spread the q 'til it disappears hopefully.

I hope this makes sense. Help please? I have read the posts here extensively and just can't get it right. Thanks...
IP Logged
Breath
Administrator

Re: Changing Bank 40 41 42 to Cntl 10 to 0 1 2 rep
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2024, 9:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You know how to create Datamap lines, so I think I only need to tell you about the ranges in the filter lines

Bank change has two CC parts (hex numbers) CC00 is the most significant byte (MSB) and CC20 (or 32 in decimal) is the LSB (Bank has a 14bit data value)
Generally...
Sending the MSB will change the bank to the new MSB + current LSB.
Sending the LSB will change the bank to the current MSB + new LSB.
Nothing really noticeable happens until you send a Patch change message.

Some gear sends just one CC message per bank change, some start with both then send just one on the next bank change and others always send both.
So you could be sending just a MSB or a LSB or both.

I'll assume the MSB is set and you are sending the LSB
Perhaps you should discard the MSB in case it is sent.

(I'll assume your numbers are in Hex)
Line1
Input (MSB)
Chan : Ctrl :  Ctrl# Min = 0 , Max = 0 : Amount Min=-1, Max=-1
Output
Chan : Discard

Line 2
Input (LSB)
Chan : Ctrl :  Ctrl# Min = 20 , Max = 20 : Amount Min=40 , Max=42
Output
Chan : Ctrl :  Ctrl# Min = 10 , Max = 10 : Amount Min=0 , Max=2

All the best
Royce
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2024, 9:08pm by Breath » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.