User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - MIDI-OX Mapping in a VST or DXi plugin? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Wish List
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   MIDI-OX Mapping in a VST or DXi plugin?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MIDI-OX Mapping in a VST or DXi plugin?  (Read 3673 times)
dhaupt

MIDI-OX Rules!

MIDI-OX Mapping in a VST or DXi plugin?
« on: Jun 19th, 2002, 12:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First, thanks for creating one of the most useful programs I have. I've been using MIDI-OX for several years now, and I'm always running into new situations where it does the trick.

Lately, I've been getting into using soft synths in SONAR. The settings on some of the synths have fixed assignments to MIDI controller numbers that I would like to reassign. For instance, I prefer controlling the rotator speed on the Leslie of Native Instruments' B4 Organ using the sustain pedal rather than the mod wheel. I currently accomplish this using MIDI-OX and MIDI Yoke, but it would be nice to be able to patch a MIDI-OX-like plugin into the FX bin of the SONAR track that plays the soft synth, and save the custom controller mapping with the project instead of every time having to run MIDI-OX outside of SONAR, load my B4 map preset into it, and connect the two programs with a MIDI Yoke junction.

Would it be possible to put MIDI-OX's mapping functionality into a VST or DXi plugin so that it could be more tightly integrated into a SONAR or Cubase project?
IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: MIDI-OX Mapping in a VST or DXi plugin?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 4:45am »

I'll add it to the list, but I think it would have to be a different product, because it would need to be written as a DXi plug-in.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Ishkabbible

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: MIDI-OX Mapping in a VST or DXi plugin?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19th, 2015, 3:25am »

Sad to see the age of this post  Cry I was just trying to untangle my percussion section in Reaper and thinking, "if I could just plug the MIDI-OX filter into one track, I could write a dozen rules and consolidate these 5 MIDI tracks into one and save myself a helluva lotta trouble." So I went searching, and alas, it seems you have chosen to remain outside of my DAW. A pity indeed  Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.