User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Custom Controller Labels »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 27th, 2024, 9:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Wish List
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Custom Controller Labels
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Custom Controller Labels  (Read 3439 times)
Toby

MIDI-OX Rules!

Custom Controller Labels
« on: Nov 21st, 2004, 9:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am working with a midi control surface.  It send midi controller messages upon using the buttons and faders.  

I created an instrument definition in Sonar to change the controller names to it's respective fader/button labels in the control surface; and used it in MIDI-OX.  However, it seems that MIDI-OX only uses the patch names from the instrument definition, and not the other listings.

So, if all this is true, here's my wish:  To allow the customization of the Monitor windows in order to have my own set of labels for controller data, as well as other labels based on the current Instrument definition being used.

Thanks.
IP Logged
4x4uk

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: Custom Controller Labels
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2011, 5:56pm »

yeah I must admit I would really like to have the ability to customize the controller names shown in the monitor windows too
IP Logged
4x4uk

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2011, 5:18pm »

Just to update this a little bit  its been a while since I posted, but it would be really good if it was possible to customize controller names individualy for each midi channel either via instrument definitions or some other means.

and these alterations would be reflected in the monitor windows, this would make be really useful when monitoring live performances and or troubleshooting especially with larger and or more complex set ups
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011, 5:18pm by 4x4uk » IP Logged
4x4uk

MIDI-OX Rules!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15th, 2012, 8:43am »

and for me this would be a simple as being able to alter the description which is shown in the event section of the monitor window from the std events shown

for example sending CC 80 the ability to display something Like  
"NT Rhythm Channel" instead of the default "Control Change" in the event section of the monitor windows.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.