User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - MIDI-OX and TC-HELICON »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 21st, 2024, 6:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI-OX
   Wish List
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   MIDI-OX and TC-HELICON
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MIDI-OX and TC-HELICON  (Read 3500 times)
gstanz67

Need MIDI-OX Help

MIDI-OX and TC-HELICON
« on: Feb 11th, 2017, 6:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can somebody please please please explain how I can update my TC-HELICON VOICELIVE PLAY firmware on a console that has had an incorrect firmware installed into it (partial instal I think). Is there anyway to format the installed code on my VOICELIVE PLAY and install a fresh correct firmware. MIDI-OX still detects the machine as VOICELIVE and it will go into boot mode with all the flashing lights......my problem is the transfer of the correct firmware into my device gets to a certain point and just goes into a continuous loop and never finishes. Please any help would be great.
IP Logged
Breath
Administrator

Re: MIDI-OX and TC-HELICON
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11th, 2017, 11:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi
You might like to slow down the transfer.
I presume you are using MidiOx to do the transfer with System Exclusive (sysex) Midi messages.

Go to View / Sysex.. and on the new dialog select Sysex / Configure..
Although it won't change the speed of the sysex delivery, I would make the Low Level buffers  
Size = 256 bytes and Num=256 for both input and output.

Set the Delay between buffers to 100MilliSeconds and set the Delay After F7 to 300 MilliSec (don't forget to check the box for this on the start of the line.

Press OK and try again.

You could try reducing the buffer size to 128 so your computer spits it out slower.
Bizarrely, the buffers could be too small and you could try 1024.

If it fails again, download the file again just in case you current one is corrupted, and try again.

A 'bricked' device is a very frustrating pain.
If it still fails after that you might have to contact the manufacturer for a solution.  
Perhaps they can reflash it for you.

Best of luck
Royce
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.