User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - MIDI Yoke damaged PCI? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2024, 10:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Bug Reports
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   MIDI Yoke damaged PCI?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MIDI Yoke damaged PCI?  (Read 3047 times)
patioabrbecue

MIDI-OX Rules!

MIDI Yoke damaged PCI?
« on: Mar 14th, 2006, 12:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know it sounds ridiculous. However my onboard RelTek network adapter suddently stopped working as soon as I installed MIDI Yoke. My windows 2000 reported finding PCI device, and I tried to install the driver RelTek again and failed. I actually have ghosted the system before installing the MIDI Yoke, and the network worked at the time of ghosting. However even after I restore the system, it keeps reporting new PCI device found. And RelTek network driver won't work.  

And I even borrowed a PCI network adapter,and plugged in, however there is no detection at all. The diagonostic routine of the PCI network adapter reports not finding the PCI network adapter neither.

Does anybody have any idea about what's going on? How can MIDI YOKE installation damage the onboard RelTek network adapter, and even all PCI interfaces? I don't want to believe it. However above experienc is really disppointing.

Motherboard HP P4SD-LA motherboard.

Thanks for your patience.
IP Logged
bmn

Email

Re: MIDI Yoke damaged PCI?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2009, 7:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I believ that its fortune. My graphics adapter had a hardware damage in exactly the moment I booted XP the first time after I installed it.

Usually, software cannot damage hardware (except if they regulate fans for cooling). Drivers can only destroy other drivers.

You should check the PCI adapter at Knoppix. Then you also should look in the BIOS if the PCI adapter is there correct detected (otherwise: hardware failure).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.