User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - Listen to the MIDI when Output port is choosen! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 6:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Bug Reports
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   Listen to the MIDI when Output port is choosen!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Listen to the MIDI when Output port is choosen!  (Read 2465 times)
bmn

Email

Listen to the MIDI when Output port is choosen!
« on: Jul 28th, 2009, 7:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello.

I have found MIDIYoke and I am very happy about it since I am now able to record the music of an old video game that has its MIDIs encrypted embeded.

But I have an issue for the wishlist if there will be a new version soon:

Users can choose that their MIDI output goes into the MIDI-Yoke-Port "X". Then you'll not hear the MIDI which is playing. Other MIDI recording software (like the free "Red Dot Forever") also have an option where you can hear the song while you are recording (they forward it to my soundcard-synthesizer). But this don't usually sound good since there is latency.

My wish is, that in the MidiYoke-Controlpanel (*.cpl) I can choose an option like

[ ] Send signal of Port [Dropdown-List of MIDIYoke-Ports] also to the device: [Dropdown-List: List of software/hardware synthesizers]

The universal solution would be that every software/hardware synthesizer (Microsoft SW Synth and SoundCard-Chip) can get a input signal of a port of MIDIYoke.

That would be great. Please tell me what you think!

Best regards
bmn

// Edit: The reason of my wish is simple - I have to much work if I want to listen to every song after I saved it as MID and still playing the game to record the next sequence. If I had a patch-cable, I would not need to change the output device everytime. But because MIDIYoke dont have the feature, I have to switch the device everytime I want to record music and switch back everytime I want to listen to music. The switching is annoying Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2009, 7:23pm by bmn » IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: Listen to the MIDI when Output port is choosen
« Reply #1 on: Aug 2nd, 2009, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

MIDI Yoke is a driver.  Drivers can not talk to other drivers, only to applications.  You could resolve this by running MIDI-OX in the background (you can keep it minimized in your system tray).  You'd choose MIDI Yoke as your input and your other device as your output.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.