User Forum    :: Powered by YaBB
  « MIDI-OX User Forum - MIDI Yoke NT dropping Sysex messages on Windows 7 »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 27th, 2024, 4:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register

MIDI-OX User Forum
   MIDI Yoke
   MIDI Yoke Bug Reports
(Moderator: Jamie OConnell)
   MIDI Yoke NT dropping Sysex messages on Windows 7
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MIDI Yoke NT dropping Sysex messages on Windows 7  (Read 4112 times)
nickb

MIDI-OX Rules!

MIDI Yoke NT dropping Sysex messages on Windows 7
« on: Sep 2nd, 2010, 5:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If I rapidly transmit a large number of sysex messages over a MIDI Yoke NT port on Windows 7, about 5% of them just disappear. Testing with the exact same MaxMSP patch with MIDI Yoke on Windows XP, the communication is flawless. In both cases, feedback detection is disabled as the amount and speed of sysex data usually falsely detects feedback.

It seems that transmitting MIDI notes or CC data at the same rate is ok and doesn't cause "lost packets", though not 100% sure of this.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2010, 5:39am by nickb » IP Logged
Jamie OConnell
Administrator

WWW Email

Re: MIDI Yoke NT dropping Sysex messages on Window
« Reply #1 on: Sep 3rd, 2010, 3:12am »

Answered thru email.  Moral of the story is don't send sysex as fast as you can.  MIDI was never designed for that.
IP Logged

--Jamie
Music is its own reward.

mjkirk12

MIDI-OX Rules!

Re: MIDI Yoke NT dropping Sysex messages on Window
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2012, 6:00pm »

I encountered a similar problem on Midi-Ox/Yoke - sending lots of Sysex caused some to get dropped using Midi Yoke in/out and monitoring with Midi Ox

Routing the software sequencer direct to my USB MIDI device (bypassing MIDI Ox and MIDI Yoke ) worked fine.  No Sysex were dropped.

I discovered that the MIDI Ox "Monitor Input" showed all SysEx messages being received, but the "Monitor Output" did not (some Sysex were being dropped).

Solution:  I increased the number of Sysex buffers to 64 from the default value.  

Options->Configure Buffers-> low level Input/Output  Num = 64

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike

P.S. I am running MidiOx  7.0.2.372 (latest) on a Win XP SP3 PC,  AMD Sempron 1.8 GHz with 1 GB DDR and E-Mu MIDI 2x2 USB interface.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

MIDI-OX User Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.